Welcome on our web site!!
Our main mandates are:
- Responsibility for the protection of the superconducting magnet circuits in the LHC machine including design, construction, consolidation and exploitation.
- Responsibility for the machine energy extraction systems.
- Responsibility for the QPS Upgrade 2009, including the distributed busbar protection system and the aperture-symmetric quench detectors.
- Responsibility for the magnet protection and energy extraction systems in magnet test facilities including design, construction, consolidation and exploitation.
- Responsibility for circuit protection and energy extraction related to the upgrade of the LHC inner triplets.
- Responsibility for procurement and performance of the solid-state, cold by-pass diodes of the LHC main magnet circuits.
Last update 01.03.2009
by Knud Dahlerup-Petersen